Terms & Conditions
2. Our terms contain specific provisions to limit our liability. These terms have been set out in capital letters. You should pay particular attention to these terms since they limit your ability to recover losses that you may incur in connection with your use of our website.
For your convenience, we have listed below some general information about ourselves:
"We" are Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd, and "us" and "our" have a corresponding meaning herein. We are a private company incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa with registration number 1929/001817/07. Our address of establishment is at Cnr William Dabbs & Old Paarl Roads, Brackenfell, 7561 and we will accept service of all legal documents there; Our telephone and facsimile numbers are Tel: +27(0)21 980 4000 and our Fax: +27 (0)21 980 4050
Products means any goods or other products that are made available by us via this website. We, us and our means Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd (and, unless the context indicates otherwise, its owners, employees, suppliers, internet service providers, agents and affiliates). You means the user of this website. Hyperlinks, which are not operational, will not in any way detract from the validity and interpretation of the terms.
General Conditions of Use for this Website
1. You are solely responsible for any and all telephone usage and rental fees and/or internet access service fees that may apply to your use of this website and the services offered on it.
2. You may not access this site for any purpose other than for utilizing the services offered on it in the normal manner. You may not access our site for the purposes of redistributing or otherwise using any of our content for your own business purposes unless you are expressly licensed thereto by us in writing. You may not use your access to this site in a manner that would bring us, our business and/or any of our affiliates into disrepute. Furthermore, you may not access this site for unlawful purposes or use it in a manner which infringes our rights or the rights of any other person or restricts or inhibits the use of or enjoyment of this site by any other person. In this regard, you must comply with the laws, regulations and codes of conduct applicable to your use of this site. You may not post or transfer any material to our website that is unlawful or violates any third party's rights or which is obscene, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, in breach of any copyright or other intellectual property right, or damaging to data, software or the performance of our or any other parties' computer system. We may remove any content you have submitted to this site and/or suspend your access to any part of this site at any time without notice.
3. We do not usually monitor, edit, control or filter the content submitted to this site by our users. Such content, including as may be found in blogs, forums, chat groups, comment sections and bulletin boards, do not represent our views and we have not authorized or endorsed such content. Such content should also not be viewed as professional advice of any kind, be it medical, legal, financial or otherwise. Please notify our Customer Care Centre if you have a complaint about the activities of or content submitted by a user of this site.
4. We do not distribute or endorse any products, services or events posted, promoted and/or listed on our site other than the products and services we supply ourselves and our display of such products, services or events should not be construed as any form of endorsement thereof. All arrangements regarding such products, services and events are to be made directly with the supplier thereof.
5. Notwithstanding that this site may contain links to third party websites and that some third party websites may contain links to this site we do not control, endorse or approve the activities or content of any such third party websites. Please contact the relevant website proprietor if you have a complaint about the activities or contents of a third party website.
6. Proprietary rights (including without limitation, the trade marks, copyright and patent rights) in the components of this site belong to us and our licensors, including in the compilations, collective works and derivative works created incorporating the content of our users. The individual content you may submit will remain your property, but you grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable and royalty-free license to use such content free from any restriction and on the basis as if we were the owners thereof, including by modifying, reproducing, compiling, publishing, publicly performing, distributing, broadcasting and promoting it.
7. The downloading and use of data contained on this website is done at your sole discretion. You should independently verify the completeness and reliability of the information provided on or via this site. Also be aware that viruses or code which may have a harmful effect on your computer system could be transmitted to you. You are responsible for implementing suitable protection mechanisms to prevent such harm from occurring.
8. ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE SERVICES IS PROVIDED TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE. RELIANCE ON AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, CONTENT AND SERVICES ARE THEREFORE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND IN CONTRACT, DELICT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR RELIANCE ON OR USE OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED, SAVE TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR THE CONTRARY IS EXPRESSLY STATED.
“You will need a registered account to buy certain goods and services from our website and are expected to keep your account details private. We will only use your personal information to improve our services to you or share it with external entities when required to do so by law.”